Some people get bitten by mosquitos more than others. And there are actually reasons for it. When you know what they are, you may be able to prevent those “skeeter bites.”
So as we get into summer, and spend more time outside, here are six possible reasons mosquitos love you:.
1. Your body temperature is slightly higher than other people’s. It varies because of age, gender, and how much you move around. It can even go up if you eat spicy food.
2. Exercise. It raises your body temperature, and makes you produce more carbon dioxide and lactic acid, which mosquitos love. They really like pregnant women, because their temperatures are higher; and they produce more CO2.
3. You’re stressed out. Studies have shown mosquitos could be drawn to the hormones which come out, in your perspiration, when you’re stressed.
4. You haven’t showered in a while. They’re attracted to a specific type of bacteria. And we tend to have more bacteria near our ankles and feet. So that might be why they target that area, a lot.
5. Dark clothing. Reds, blacks, and blues attract more mosquitoes than lighter colors, like white and yellow.
6. Alcohol. It dilates the blood vessels in your skin, and makes it a little warmer for a while. And mosquitoes are attracted to ethanol, which then comes out, in your sweat.
See the full story, here: PR Newswire