ALPHA MEDIA’S CONTEST-SPECIFIC RULES FOR THE
WCCQ/ Roy and Carol Beach Party Giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
These contest-specific rules should be read in conjunction with Alpha Media’s General Contest Rules, which are applicable to all contests conducted by Alpha Media Holdings LLC and/or its subsidiaries (including licensee subsidiaries).
Sponsor(s): WCCQ-FM (2410 Caton Farm Road, Crest Hill, IL)(collectively, “Sponsor”).
- Promotional Period: “Roy and Carol Beach Party Giveaway” contest (the “Promotion) begins on December 18th, 2017, at 5amCT and ends at 12pmCT on or about December 22nd , 2017 (the “Promotional Period”).
- Entry Deadline: The deadline to submit entries is 5:00pmCT on or about December 22nd 2017.
- Eligibility Restrictions: The Promotion is open to all legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (except NY and FL) who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry and who live in the Illinois counties of Cook, DuPage, McHenry, Kendall, Kane, Grundy, Kankakee, and Will]. Employees of WCCQ-FM (the “Station”), its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, its advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other broadcast stations in the Station’s listening area, and the members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings or children) or households (whether related or not) are ineligible to participate or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void outside the United States, in NY and FL, as applicable, and where prohibited.
Grand Prize Winner must sign a winner release form, complete an IRS W-9 form, show a valid state-issued ID/Drivers License that verifies information winner provided on entry form and must be present to win..
Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from any individual who does not meet the eligibility requirements, and will also delete any entry as required by law.
- Entry Method: To participate in the Promotion, you may enter via the following method(s).
One qualifier will be selected.
- ON-AIR/VIA TELEPHONE – To participate in the contest, participants should listen to 98.3 WCCQ-FM for the cue to call, Monday-Friday, between 5am-7pmCT, and listen for the “cue to call”. Be the correct caller to successfully get through for a chance to qualify for the Grand Prize. At the time of their call entrants must provide all requested information, including their first and last name, complete postal address (street, city, state, and zip code), email address, telephone number, and date of birth. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Station. The contest/sweepstakes administrator’s telephone system is the official time keeping device for the Promotion.
- Ten (10) On-Air Qualifiers total
- Entry days will be from December 18th 2017 – December 22nd, 2017
- Contest will be featured on Alpha Media stations: WCCQ-FM
- Ten (10) qualifiers will be selected during week of December 18th 2017 – December 22nd, 2017
- Each station will select ten (10) qualifiers.
- Participants may only qualify ONCE. There will be no repeat qualifiers.
- Each on-air qualifier will also receive a qualifying prize of a Baby Back Blues gift certificate.
- Qualifiers MUST be present at 1:30pmCT for the start of the Grand Prize Giveaway Drawdown described in section 7 (below).
- If an on-air qualifier is unable to be at the giveaway remote broadcast, that qualifier will forfeit their chance at the grand prize drawing and a replacement will be chosen.
- No stand-ins or substitutions will be allowed.
- The Ten (10) On-Air Qualifiers MUST check-in no later than 1:30pmCT on December 23rd, 2017 at the 98.3 WCCQ tent (and MUST show a state-issued photo ID/Drivers License) at the Grand Prize Drawdown Event detailed in section 7.
- ONLINE– To participate in the contest, entrants will participant in our mobile app.
- Ten (10) Online Qualifiers total
- Entry days will be from December 18th 2017 – December 20th, 2017
- Ten (10) qualifiers will be selected during the week of December 18th 2017 – December 20th, 2017
- If an on-line qualifier is unable to be at the giveaway remote broadcast, that qualifier will forfeit their chance at the grand prize drawing and a replacement will be chosen.
- No stand ins or substitutions will be allowed.
- There no repeat qualifiers. Each participant may only qualify on ONE station.
- The Ten (10) On-Line Qualifiers MUST check-in no later than 1:30pmCT on December 23rd, 2017 at the 98.3 (WCCQ-FM) tent (and MUST show a state-issued photo ID/Drivers License) at the Grand Prize Drawdown Event detailed in section 7.
- EVENT REGISTRATION QUALIFIERS – To participate in this contest, entrants will be able to register on-site day of the event at December 23rd 2017 from 1:00pmCT until 2:00pmCT. Entrants must provide all requested information, including their first and last name, complete postal address (street, city, state, and zip code), email address, telephone number and date of birth. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Entrants may submit multiple entries.
- Five (5) Event Qualifiers total
- December 23 rd 2017 at Tyson Motors in Shorewood
- Entrants must correctly, accurately and completely fill out the contest entry form provided during the dates listed above.
- On December 23rd, starting at 1:00pmCT until 2:00pmCT individuals will be able to enter the contest on site.
Qualifying Prize: A certificate to Baby Back Blues BBQ in Plainfield. Good for two free sandwich meals.
- Grand Prize Shopping Spree Grand Prize, A Trip for two to Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos estimated value $3,000.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the station and/or Sponsor may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value to cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
- Odds of Winning:
Odds of Winning depend on total number of eligible qualifiers present at the Grand Prize Drawdown Event (described in section 7).
- Winner Selection and Notification:
Decisions of Station management with respect to the Promotion are final.
Grand Prize Drawdown Event: Winner will be selected on Saturday, December 23rd, 2017 between 1pmCT and 3pmCT at Tyson Motors in Shorewood
- A grand prize winner will be chosen via a drawdown starting at approximately 1:30pmCT on Saturday, December 23rd, 2017 at Tyson Motors in Shorewood
- Once the final 25 qualifiers are chosen in the manner described above, each qualifier will receive one number between one (1) and Twenty five (25).
- There will be 25 bingo balls inside a bingo drum, numbered 1 (one) through and twenty five (25)..
- One ball at a time will be drawn out of a bingo drum. The person with the corresponding number is eliminated until one person is left. That person is declared the winner.
- In the event of a disagreement, the decision made by the staff of Alpha Media company is final.
- In the event that the grand prize winner does not meet eligibility requirements, declines the prize, or otherwise becomes ineligible, the grand prize will go to the second place winner of the drawdown. This will continue until an eligible winner is determined.
- The Winner bears sole responsibility for all taxes for the prize valued at est.$3,000.
- The grand prize winner must fill out a W9 and turn it over to radio staff before being allowed to take possession of the grand prize.
Winner MUST be present to win the grand prize.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner(s). Winner(s) will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent including a winner’s full Social Security Number for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the station conducting the Promotion (in combination with any prizes won in Promotions run by any other Alpha radio station) in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
- Participating in the Promotion and acceptance of a prize constitutes a winner’s and guest’s (where applicable) permission for the Alpha or its agents to photograph, film and record each winner, and to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the Promotion or its sponsors for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, Alpha may, where legal, require a winner (and guest or travel companion, where applicable) to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize. It is the responsibility of the winner(s) to ensure that their guest(s) or travel companion(s) sign and return any required release. In the case of a conflict in this paragraph 3 b and any similar paragraph in contest specific rules the general specific rules will govern.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Promotion, you:
- agree to grant Alpha a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to edit, telecast, exhibit, rerun, reproduce, use, syndicate, license, print, distribute and otherwise exploit any items (including any photos, videos, audio, or written material) submitted as part of your contest entry (the “Materials”), or any portion thereof, in any manner and in any and all formats and media now known or hereafter devised, without payment to you or any third party;
- acknowledge that Alpha reserves the right, in its sole discretion, not to use the Materials at all; and
iii. represent and warrant that: you are at least as old as the age of majority in your state; you have the full legal right, power and authority to grant to Alpha the license provided for herein; you own or control the complete exhibition and other rights to the Materials you submitted for the purposes contemplated in this license; you are either the parent (or legal guardian) of any minor featured in the Materials or have received the express consent of the parent (or legal guardian) for any such minor to appear in the Materials and to enter the minor’s likeness in the Materials in the contest; and neither the Materials nor the exercise of the rights granted herein shall infringe upon or violate the right of privacy or right of publicity of, or constitute a libel or slander against, or violate any common law or any other right of, any person or entity.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, and depending on the nature of the prize and eligibility requirements of the Promotion, Alpha in its sole discretion may require verification of Promotion winner’s or winners’ identification by a showing of valid government-issued photo identification.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating and/or accepting a prize, entrants, winner(s) and guests (if applicable) agree to release and hold harmless the station conducting the Promotion, Simon Property Group Inc., Simon Property Group, LP and Simon Brand Ventures, LLC. its sponsor(s) and promotional partner(s), its advertising and promotion agencies, any social media platform utilized in the conduct of the Promotion (including but not limited to Facebook, Inc.) and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns of each of them (collectively, the “Released Parties”) against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the Promotion. Alpha may also require eligible Promotion winner(s) and their guests or travel companions, if any (as well as each of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s), if winner(s), guest(s) or travel companion(s) are under the age of majority in their state of residence), to sign a liability release confirming such consent. It is the responsibility of the winner(s) to ensure that their guest(s) or travel companion(s) sign and return any required release.
- The station conducting the Promotion, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person (and all of their entries) from this Promotion if he or she tampers with the entry process, the operation of the Promotion, or the operation of the station’s website, Facebook Page, and/or any other social networking site used in the Promotion, or is otherwise in violation of the rules. The station conducting the Promotion further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Promotion, or any part of it, if it is not capable of completion as planned or if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond the station’s control, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion as determined by the station in is sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any person to deliberately damage any station website, Facebook Page, and/or any other social networking site used in the Promotion or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Alpha reserves the right to seek full prosecution and/or damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law. The station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the station conducting the Promotion, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to modify, terminate, suspend or cancel the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, malfunctions, disconnections, other technological failures, telephone service outages, delays, dropped calls, or busy signals, or any other difficulties that may prevent an individual from sending or receiving a text message; or (iii) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, or late entries. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Promotion prize cannot be awarded due to acts of god, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond Alpha’s control.
- Official Rules and Winner List: To obtain a copy of the General Contest Rules, these contest-specific rules, or a list of winner(s) following completion of the Promotion (please specify which), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) specifying “General Contest Rules,” “Contest-Specific Rules,” or “Winner List” to “98.3 WCCQ/ Roy and Carol Beach Party Giveaway” Winner List or Official Rules Request, 98.3 WCCQ, 2410 – B caton farm rd crest hill,il 60403. A copy of the General Contest Rules, contest-specific rules, and a list of winner(s) (when complete) are also available during regular business hours at the main studio of ,98.3 WCCQ, 2410 – B caton farm rd crest hill,il 60403Roy All such requests must be received within thirty (30) days following completion of the Promotion.