Here are a few things to look forward to in the month of March: Daylight Saving Time begins March 14th, and the Grammy Awards are also that night. St. Patrick’s Day is the 17th. And the first March Madness in two years starts March 18th.
Here are five things to look forward to in March . . .
1. Spring weather and sunlight: Daylight Saving Time starts this month. We spring forward on March 14th. So the days will start feeling a little longer, but in a good way. And after some crazy late-winter weather, the first day of spring is coming up on the 20th.
2. The first March Madness in TWO YEARS gets started March 18th and runs through April 5th. Last year’s got cancelled because of covid. It’s the only time that’s ever happened since the tournament started in 1939.
3. The Golden Globes were last night, but we’ve still got The Grammy Awards in two weeks on March 14th. Then the Oscar nominees are announced a day later.
4. Some big shows come back this month: “The Voice” returns tonight . . . “Good Girls” this Sunday . . . “The Masked Singer” next Wednesday . . . “Grey’s Anatomy” next Thursday . . . and “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” on the 18th. Also, the new “Godzilla vs. Kong” movie hits theaters and HBO Max March 31st.
5. And finally, the holidays. The big ones are St. Patrick’s Day on the 17th (Saint Joseph Day is still big, here, in Chicago), and Passover, which starts March 27th. But we’ve also got some lesser-known holidays coming up . . .
This Sunday is National Cereal Day . . . Ranch Dressing Day is the 10th . . . National Napping Day on the 15th . . . Crunchy Taco Day is the 21st . . . National Puppy Day on the 23rd . . . and International Waffle Day on March 25th.