95.9 the River is looking for a sales account Executive:
Full Time Interactive Media Specialist, Based at WERV-FM/Aurora and reporting to Station GM and NM360 VP.
A minimum of 2 years of experience in sales, preferably marketing or advertising, with a track record of results.
• Must be self-motivated and goal with regard to both accomplishments and income desires.
• The ability to think on your feet and produce results in quick-turnaround situations with tight deadlines.
• Must be able to develop relationships and be able to garner new business while maintaining and increasing the share of current business with the station.
• Must be a team player who can balance the needs of the client, the radio station and oneself to achieve consistent results.
• Must have the self-confidence to positively represent the station in all situations and social interactions.
• Creativity and problem-solving skills will help ensure success in this position, as will being a fast learner.
• Must have a valid Driver’s License and provide your own dependable transportation on a daily basis.
• Must present the utmost business-professional manner and attire on a daily basis.
• At least 50% of time will be spent outside of the office every day.
Scott Kosak, skosak@NextMediaChicago and Brian Foster, firstname.lastname@example.org
NextMedia Radio is looking for university students to fill internship positions.
This internship will provide students with an opportunity to gain valuable experience in a radio station environment. It is a great way to gain specific skills and knowledge through hands-on experience, as well as make contacts and build confidence. Having related work experience gives you an edge over other candidates in a competitive job market. As an intern for NextMedia Radio, you will assist in all aspects of implementation and on-site coordinatiaon of promotions, marketing, and interactive development.
To become a promotions intern for NextMedia Radio, you must:
¨ Currently be a university student in a related field
¨ Provide a copy of a letter from your institution as proof of your enrollment
¨ Must agree to a commitment to NextMedia Radio to be available for the entire duration of the internship.
¨ Be available weekdays and weekends, flexible
¨ Work in a team environment
¨ Provide a high standard of excellence, be dependable and possess a positive, professional attitude
This is an unpaid internship, however, you can earn college credit and make valuable contacts for future endeavors with this experiential opportunity. Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to: Katie Leiva, Promotions Coordinator, NextMedia Radio, 2410-B Caton Farm Road, Crest Hill IL 60435 Email: Dan Waddick, Fax: (815) 577-9231.