ALPHA MEDIA’S CONTEST-SPECIFIC RULES FOR THE
“98.3 WCCQ Mad Marchness” CONTEST
RULES FOR CONTEST ON 3/12/18
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
These contest-specific rules should be read in conjunction with Alpha Media’s General Contest Rules, which are applicable to all contests conducted by Alpha Media Holdings LLC and/or its subsidiaries (including licensee subsidiaries).
Rod Baker Ford and not WCCQ is solely responsible for sponsoring the promotion.
Sponsor(s): WERV-FM (1884 Plain Ave, Aurora, IL), WCCQ-FM (2410 Caton Farm Road, Crest Hill, IL), WSSR-FM (2410 Caton Farm Road, Crest Hill, IL), WRXQ-FM (2410 Caton Farm Road, Crest Hill, IL), and WJOL-AM (2410 Caton Farm Road, Crest Hill, IL) and Window World (collectively, “Sponsor”).
- Promotional Period: The “Mad Marchness” contest (the “Promotion”) begins on or around 3/12/2018, at 6:00 a.m. CST and ends at the completion of the last game of the NCAA March Madness tournament on Monday April 2nd 2018.
- Entry Deadline: Entries will be accepted till noon ET on Thursday March 15th 2018.
- Eligibility Restrictions: The Promotion is open to all legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (except NY and FL) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and who live in the Illinois counties of Cook, DuPage, Kendall, Kane, Grundy, Kankakee, and Will]. Employees of WERV-FM, WCCQ-FM, WSSR-FM, WRXQ-FM and WJOL-AM (the “Stations”), its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, its advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other broadcast stations in the Station’s listening area, and the members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings or children) or households (whether related or not) are ineligible to participate or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void outside the United States, in NY and FL, as applicable, and where prohibited.
No individual may be selected as a contestant on more than one occasion for any of the “Mad Marchness” contests.
Individuals may only win one prize from a station-sponsored contest valued at over $500 once every six months.
Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from any individual who does not meet the eligibility requirements, and will also delete any entry as required by law.
- Entry Method: Registering with Dell sports on wccq.com/madmarchness , and making your picks for the bracket.
- Prizes: Three (3) night trips for two (2) adults to Grand Bahia Principe Punta Cana in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic valid through December 10th, 2018. Winner responsible for taxes and fees.
- Odds of Winning: Odds of winning depends on the number of people entered.
Winner Selection and Notification: Players are ranked according to their cumulative point score. The player with the most points at the end of the game wins. The player with the highest number of cumulative points at the end of the season wins the grand prize. In the event of a tie between two (2) or more entries, the winning entry will be determined by the following tiebreakers, in order of listing:
Tiebreaker #1 – Closest To Total Points Scored In Final Game (Based On Absolute Value)
Tiebreaker #2 – Most Correct Picks For All Rounds
Tiebreaker #3 – Highest Risk Bracket
Tiebreaker #4 – Random Drawing
Tiebreaker #3 calculation: Each bracket is evaluated using the exclusive risk assessor, which computes the risk of each chosen upset versus historical tournament results. The bracket that is deemed riskiest by this methodology wins this tiebreaker.
Any further ties are left as ties in the standings. The tie-breaking system below represents the default tiebreaking system. Each media partner can choose their own scoring and tie-breaking system. If they select their own tie-breaking system and/or scoring it will be added into the rules and clearly stated. In all cases, an entry that does not win a tiebreaker is eliminated from consideration.
Players are ranked according to their cumulative round score also. The player with the most points at the end of the round wins that particular round. In the event of a tie between two (2) or more entries, the winning entry will be determined by the following tiebreakers, in order of listing:
Tiebreaker #1 – Most Correct Picks In That Round
Tiebreaker #2 – Highest Risk Bracket
Tiebreaker #3 – Random drawing
Tiebreaker #2 calculation: Each bracket is evaluated using the exclusive risk assessor, which computes the risk of each chosen upset versus historical tournament results. The bracket that is deemed riskiest by this methodology wins this tiebreaker.
In all cases, an entry that does not win a tiebreaker is eliminated from consideration. Please check your local rules to see if the Media Partner’s rules vary from these rules.
The Bracket Challenge is scored (by default) using the scoring chart below. Each media partner can choose their own scoring and tie-breaking system. If they select their own scoring it will be added into the rules and clearly stated.
|Round||Day||Total Games||Points/Game||Maximum Points|
|6 Rounds||63 Total Games||124 Possible Points|
Players are ranked on the Standings page. The winner of the Bracket Challenge for each media partner is determined by the highest point total after the completion of the final game of the tournament.
Decisions of Station management with respect to the Promotion are final.
In the event a no-hitter or a perfect game has been earned by the starting pitcher for the Chicago Cubs, a random name will be drawn from the official station entry forms.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner(s). Winner(s) will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent including a winner’s full Social Security Number for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the station conducting the Promotion (in combination with any prizes won in Promotions run by any other Alpha radio station) in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize.
- Participating in the Promotion and acceptance of a prize constitutes a winner’s and guest’s (where applicable) permission for the Alpha or its agents to photograph, film and record each winner, and to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the Promotion or its sponsors for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, Alpha may, where legal, require a winner (and guest or travel companion, where applicable) to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize. It is the responsibility of the winner(s) to ensure that their guest(s) or travel companion(s) sign and return any required release. In the case of a conflict in this paragraph 3 b and any similar paragraph in contest specific rules the general specific rules will govern.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Promotion, you:
- agree to grant Alpha a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to edit, telecast, exhibit, rerun, reproduce, use, syndicate, license, print, distribute and otherwise exploit any items (including any photos, videos, audio, or written material) submitted as part of your contest entry (the “Materials”), or any portion thereof, in any manner and in any and all formats and media now known or hereafter devised, without payment to you or any third party;
- acknowledge that Alpha reserves the right, in its sole discretion, not to use the Materials at all; and
iii. represent and warrant that: you are at least as old as the age of majority in your state; you have the full legal right, power and authority to grant to Alpha the license provided for herein; you own or control the complete exhibition and other rights to the Materials you submitted for the purposes contemplated in this license; you are either the parent (or legal guardian) of any minor featured in the Materials or have received the express consent of the parent (or legal guardian) for any such minor to appear in the Materials and to enter the minor’s likeness in the Materials in the contest; and neither the Materials nor the exercise of the rights granted herein shall infringe upon or violate the right of privacy or right of publicity of, or constitute a libel or slander against, or violate any common law or any other right of, any person or entity.
- Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, and depending on the nature of the prize and eligibility requirements of the Promotion, Alpha in its sole discretion may require verification of Promotion winner’s or winners’ identification by a showing of valid government-issued photo identification.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating and/or accepting a prize, entrants, winner(s) and guests (if applicable) agree to release and hold harmless the station conducting the Promotion, its sponsor(s) and promotional partner(s), its advertising and promotion agencies, any social media platform utilized in the conduct of the Promotion (including but not limited to Facebook, Inc.) and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns of each of them (collectively, the “Released Parties”) against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the Promotion. Alpha may also require eligible Promotion winner(s) and their guests or travel companions, if any (as well as each of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s), if winner(s), guest(s) or travel companion(s) are under the age of majority in their state of residence), to sign a liability release confirming such consent. It is the responsibility of the winner(s) to ensure that their guest(s) or travel companion(s) sign and return any required release.
- The station conducting the Promotion, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person (and all of their entries) from this Promotion if he or she tampers with the entry process, the operation of the Promotion, or the operation of the station’s website, Facebook Page, and/or any other social networking site used in the Promotion, or is otherwise in violation of the rules. The station conducting the Promotion further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Promotion, or any part of it, if it is not capable of completion as planned or if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond the station’s control, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion as determined by the station in is sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any person to deliberately damage any station website, Facebook Page, and/or any other social networking site used in the Promotion or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Alpha reserves the right to seek full prosecution and/or damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law. The station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the station conducting the Promotion, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to modify, terminate, suspend or cancel the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, malfunctions, disconnections, other technological failures, telephone service outages, delays, dropped calls, or busy signals, or any other difficulties that may prevent an individual from sending or receiving a text message; or (iii) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, or late entries. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Promotion prize cannot be awarded due to acts of god, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond Alpha’s control.
- Official Rules and Winner List: To obtain a copy of the General Contest Rules, these contest-specific rules, or a list of winner(s) following completion of the Promotion (please specify which), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) specifying “General Contest Rules,” “Contest-Specific Rules,” or “Winner List” to Mad Marchness or Official Rules Request, WCCQ 98.3 2410-B Caton Farm rd Crest Hill IL. 60403. A copy of the General Contest Rules, contest-specific rules, and a list of winner(s) (when complete) are also available during regular business hours at the main studio of WCCQ-FM 98.3 2410-B Caton Farm rd Crest Hill IL. 60403. All such requests must be received within thirty (30) days following completion of the Promotion.