Be Careful Of Garden Hoses Left Out In The Sun

Water Balloons propel themselves in the air

When you’re a kid, nothing beats playing with the garden hose on a hot summer day.  But here’s something you might not have thought of, a hose left in the hot sun can potentially be deadly. Las Vegas Fire & Rescue recently shared a photo of a 9-month old baby who suffered 2nd-degree burns after being splashed by a hose that was left in the sun.  Officials say the water inside a hose can reach temperatures up to 140 degrees, hot enough to be dangerous to small children or animals.   To be safe, make sure you run the water for a minute or two before spraying anyone.

What’s your favorite way to keep cool in the summer?

SHARE

RELATED CONTENT

“THE CONNORS” Picked up by ABC for the fall. Taylor Swift makes “Maxims Hot 100” Domino’s Fixing streets now Run a mile while chugging milk Statue Vandalized at Little Wrigley Prom Photos at Whataburger.
Comments